Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear Mom,



I don't remember living in your belly or being held in your arms right after I was born.  But I know that I was there and that I was loved so much.

I do remember all the rides to speech and debate practice and all the bad plays you sat through.

I remember Disneyland in the rain, stomping on the bridge in Houk, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and watching Sha na na with you.

I remember being held by you when Adam was here and after he moved toward heaven.

I remember seeing the pride, surprise, disbelief and awe when you watched me become a mother.

You've always been my mother and my best friend.

I didn't know it at the time, but all those years you were giving me to tools to become a good mom.  I only hope I can be as loving, compassionate and open-hearted as you have been.

I love you lots!  And Henry does too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment